Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Muses

                                                            "...Eternal Nightmare"

I awake abruptly
covered in a cold sweat.
My blankets lie on the floor.
Crumpled.
Messy.
Just like that man.
That Image won't leave my eyes
I see him in darkness,
I see him on a blank page
I even see him when I'm not seeing at all.
He is everywhere.
He is everything.
He is everyone.
And it's all my fault.
How will I possibly survive
with this eternal nightmare?

Give A Little Love

-Noah & The Whale

Everyone wants to be a hero
So how come very few try?

You don't need to
fly
or shoot webs
or have superstrength
to make someone's day 110% better.

All you need
is to give a little love.
Every time you see someone
give out a helping hand
that's
        your
                que
It's your turn.
Give a little love.

Pay it forward --> it'll come back to you one day.

My Childhood

Stress.
Popularity.
Relationships.
Death.
Homework.
High School.
Several years ago
these words meant nothing to me.
Nothing.
I didn't know what half of them meant.
Now
My life orbits around these
things.
They make up who I am today.
7 years ago,
I was free.

there was always a smile on my face
and a burden off my shoulders.
Everyone was a friend.
Sleep was something I hated.
Energy pumped through my veins.
I passed the time with toys rather than with electronics.
several years ago,
I was having the time of my life.
Then
I woke up.
And I walked
I walked through a door
of hope & dreams
and of fear & stress.
I walked into the real world.
And I grew.
And now,
here I am
happy as can be
but always missing childhood.
Here I am


 

2 comments:

  1. All your poems are very dramatic! And that made me want to read them all. I think your use of line breaks is what made it so dramatic. I also like how you included (what I think was) a published poem, by a real poet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! But these are all mine... which one did you think was by a real poet?

      Delete