Sunday, November 17, 2013

Monday Muses - Children's Book

The Leaf Men.
The Book of my childhood.
Every time I see it
or flip through its shiny, glossy pages
memories of happiness
freedom
and imagination
flashes before me in a whirlwind of my childhood.
This book made me dream like never before
This book made me look
look at the world as if I looking through a newly washed window.
This book
these Leaf Men
they taught me lessons.
Be strong.
Don't give up.
Fight for what you love.
Do things for others
and become a hero.
These imaginary
fantastic little Leaf Men
were the inspiration of my childhood
that still inspire me
and make me dream
to this very day.
The Leaf Men live on.

5 comments:

  1. This is short but honest and touching response. The Leaf Men seem to have taught you numerous lessons as a younger child, and I remember many of my childhood favorite picture books being very similar to this. I agreed with and enjoyed reading about the memories the book brought up for you, and the many themes and lessons it taught you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very good post in that is is full of so many good memories that you had. I like how you said that when you think of the book it reminds you of being free. I think it is cool that you said that because when you are a kid you don't have anything to worry about, and you have no responsibilities, and when you are older you have homework, chores and what not. Overall I like this post a lot and I really like all of the lessons that it has taught you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like a poem this is so cute! You did a great job connecting it to your childhood! I like how you showed the lessons you learned from the book. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This a really well written poem and you connected it to your chilhood in a really interesting and creative way! This was a really touching poem, good job! I really enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete